Skipping Stones: A Multicultural Literary Magazine
- Youth Honor Award winners have been finalized. We will also announce the winners in our Autumn 2018 issue to be released on Sept. 21st. In addition to the ten winners, we plan to publish a number of noteworthy entries in the issue. All entrants can expect to get a copy of the awards issue in end of September or early October, depending on where they live. International students should expect the issues in the second half of October.
Hearty Congratulations to the 2018 Youth Honor Award Winners: all the amazing artists and authors listed below!
• Aevah Aadya Arun, age 7, Ontario, Canada
• Montserrat Llacuna, age 10, Massachusetts, and Aliya Shetty Oza, age 9, India
• Anne Grier, age 12, Maryland, and Amithi Tadigadapa, age 13, Pennsylvania
• Kaya Dierks, age 15, California, and Tanisha Gunby, age 15, California
• Manjyot Kaur, age 16, New York. (see cover art).
• Maya Savin Miller, age 15, California, and Koluchi Odiegwu, 17, Georgia
• Clare Maleeny, age 17, New York, and Hunter Bren, 14, California
• Students of Na‘au Learning Center, Honolulu, Hawai‘i
• Artwork by Students of Teacher Hyun Sung Jung in South Korea
• Student Table Tennis Activists Foundation; founded by Albert Zhang, 17, Georgia
The Awards issue will be mailed by Sept. 21st to all the winners and the entrants as well as our subscribers.
- The 2018 Book Awards were announced on June 6th. Our Summer 2018 issue has been mailed to the subscribers and contributors this week and it features: The 2018 Asian Celebration Haiku Contest, the 2018 Skipping Stones Book Awards for Exceptional Multicultural and Nature Books and Teaching Resources, and the 2018 Celebrate America Creative Writing Contest of the American Immigration Council. It also contains children’s art, stories, poetry and other submissions by educators and adult authors. A great issue for your summer reading pleasure! Contact us if to order it.
- The reviews of 2018 winning books can be downloaded here.