We have been honored with a few honors and certificates of excellence including:
- Community Enrichment Award of the Soroptimist International of Eugene (2023)
- Children’s Publication Award of National Association for Multicultural Education (2013)
- Certificate of Excellence of Arsha Vijnana Gurukulam (2011)
- NAME Award of the National Association for Multicultural Education (2007 & 1997)
- NewsStand Resources Gold Award for our Sept-Oct 2006 (2007)
- Equity Award of the 4J Schools (2003)
- Parent’s Guide to Children’s Media Award (2003)
- Golden Apple Award of the Eugene Education Association (1996)
- EdPress Golden Shoestring Award (1995)
- EdPress Distinguished Achievement Award (1993)
- Parent’s Choice Award (1989)
In January 2003, our executive editor Arun Toke’ was honored by The Writer magazine with their Writer Award, and in January 2011, he received the Dr. Martin Luther King Community Leadership Award of the City of Eugene.
We continue to receive numerous letters of praise and appreciation from parents, teachers, contributors and students. Over the years, we have been reviewed in many publications and newspapers. Multicultural Education magazine regularly carries full length articles featuring reviews of our Annual Book Award winners.